I noticed one of the bulbs was out for the license plate frame, versus replacing the bub, the housing was replaced.
Here is a quick how-to!
- Remove the plastic body panel on the inside of your liftgate; it’s the largest on the bottom. This panel is held in with plastic clips.
- Remove the rear garnish, and there are four 10mm nuts on the inside that must be removed. This garnish also has plastic tabs; keep that in mind when removing.
- Disconnect the connector to the license plate light.
- Squeee the license plate housing, and it will fall out from the outside of the car.
- Insert new license plate housings and re-install body parts.
- You are done!
Wow, that’s all I can say, the light output of the new Toyota Prius OEM-Fit 3W Full LED License Plate Light Kit Powered by 24-SMD Xenon White LED is amazing!